Thursday, June 5, 2008





Day 4

Follow the Redcoat Trail!

Leaving at the crack of first light, okay, 8:30 am, which to me is awfully early to start travelling on Nellie! Its cold at that time of day even with my leather gloves couldn't keep my phlotography finger from going numb! The day proved to be a day of waits and decrepit barns. Lets start with waits, look above, yes its the same train and its taken from the same place looking left and looking right! Incredibly the train had to be over 4 kms long. A bunch of vehicles and I were waiting and waiting until a Rail employee came along and said.."uhh... you do know we are going to be at least another couple hours." Wonderful I thought. So turn around and back track to Manyberries Saskatchewan and head north. It was only a loss of around 2 hours but I'm not on a schedule! I love old falling down barns and homes. I was not dissappointed, there was so many opportunities. Seriously one day over the next few years I am going to take a week and just do backroads of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, its a paradise for photography.